Friday, May 27, 2016

5/27/16: Approaching the End of Week Three: Twelve Week Challenge - Operation ReStart

Weight:  157.2

Sometimes I feel like I am a freak with all the little tricks and tools I invent so that I can stay committed to my diet and exercise program.  I'm always coming up with new rules, mottos, incentives, tools and tricks to stay on track.  I'll announce them to the world, as if it's the holy grail, and the following week I may be trying something else.  I've been told before that I am a creative person, nowhere is that more evident than when I look back at all the ways I have motivated myself to stay on program.

The good news is that my program has not changed much over the last few years.  It took me a while, but I have finally found a program that works for me.  I am happy with the food I eat and I am comfortable with my exercise program.  Those are the basic elements to my program, eat three healthy meals a day, don't eat crap, do cardio exercise three days a week, and strength train three days a week.  The important ancillary elements to the program are get enough sleep (7-8 hours a night) and drink plenty of water (at least 8-10 big glasses of water a day).

Prior to finally figuring out a basic program for life, I tried every fad diet that came down the pike.  I can't remember them all but Atkins, Jenny Craig, and Nutrasystem come right to mind.  I don't know how many times I lost over 50 pounds in my life, and gained it back, plus some.  It's probably been 5 or 6 times, maybe a couple more.  Being overweight is something I have battled my entire life.  Staying at a healthy weight is something I am going to have to work at for the rest of my life.  This will never be easy, but it is doable and, for me, it's worth it.

My Twelve Week Challenge - Operation ReStart is the latest of my tricks that I am using to stay focused.  I am excited that I finally get to mark my chart and take another progress photo, tomorrow.  I know I'll see a difference because I feel different.  My chart becomes relevant again, tomorrow.  That's cool, because I took a lot of time to make this particular chart and I really like it.  That's the main reason I didn't just start a new challenge after Sister Sister's funeral, I didn't want to chuck out the chart I worked so hard on,  Hence, Operation ReStart!.  Next Saturday will be our first Four Week measurement day.  I'm very curious to see how that goes.  When this chart is complete I am going to keep it somewhere that I can see it every day to remind myself how much difference regular exercise makes.

The rain is trying to throw me track, keeping me from running on schedule, but it won't succeed.  I am going to take today off, but I'll exercise each day this weekend.  It's all good.

Have a great day.  Stay dry!!


No comments:

Post a Comment