Tuesday, May 24, 2016

5/24/16: Starting to Feel "Put Together"

Weight:  158.0

I have been "seriously" working out for two and a half weeks, and I can already tell a real difference in how I feel.  Perhaps I don't look any different, but I feel like I look different, and that is all that really matters.  I feel like I am standing straighter, keeping my abs tauter, and walking with more spring in my step.  In short, I feel more "put together."  It's an amazing feeling.  I can honestly say I missed feeling this way.  Exercise as a daily habit, who would have thought I would ever get here?  I didn't.  Way back when, I thought I would have to force myself to exercise for the rest of my life.  I really believed that.  Prior to the surgery I dreaded not being able to exercise for an extended period of time.  Funny thing is, it was worse (much worse) than I thought it would be.  I thought I'd have to talk myself into starting back up again.  Instead, I had to talk myself out of doing too much too soon.

It feels good to be back.

PS - The recovery was much longer and harder than I thought it would be.  Jack keeps saying, "You're surgeon said it would be 6 months to a year before you would be fully recovered." And I keep saying, "Yeah, but I never believed him."  I didn't want to believe him.  Well, ladies, it's true.  If you are thinking about having a tummy tuck, plan on 6 months of recovery.  This is serious surgery.  It takes a long time to recover completely.  I have zero regrets.  I am tickled pink with the results.  But don't underestimate the recovery time from this particular surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment