Sunday, May 29, 2016

5/29/2016: No News is Good News

Weight:  156.8

Yesterday was a quiet, easy day.  We don't get a ton of those around here, so when they come around we enjoy them.  The hardest part of the day was the hour I spent with my physical trainer, but we make each other laugh so even that wasn't too bad.  Seriously, though, Jack and I bought plates for my barbell bar last weekend and I decided to go ahead and get the 25lb plates thinking I'd need them in a few months, anyway.  Yeah, right.  My trainer got one look at my little stack of barbell plates and got a brand new glint in her eye.  We slipped those bad boys onto the barbell bar yesterday for some straight leg dead lifts.  Those were not easy.  Not even a little bit easy. But, all in all, it was a restful and relaxing day.

I have a lot of little things I want to get done today, but nothing too demanding.  I need to pay the bills, reconcile accounts, finish a project for my daughter-in-law, and plan a trip with my sister.  Jack and I have a couple of boxes we need to get ready for the mail and need to do a camping trip inventory.  We are taking our five oldest grandkids camping for 5 days this summer.  Now talk about restful and relaxing!!  Ha ha!!  That will be fun!!  I am really looking forward to it.  But little tasks aside, the rest of the weekend should be fairly casual.  Grill a couple of steaks and some kabobs, enjoy a day with no rain (I hope).  Try to figure out what is eating my garden.  My dad's best guess is that it is ants or slugs and he gave me suggestions to take care of those particular pests.  I'm going to give it a try.  Three day weekends are the best!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment