Thursday, June 30, 2016

6/30/16: Set Back

Weight: 156.4

At least it is better than the 157 that I weighed on Tuesday morning, which isn't saying much.  Yes, I gained five pounds in as many days.  Ugh.

Why?  Because I ate a bunch of crap food.

At first, I was doing fine.  I didn't snack on the flight out to San Diego and I got through the first day more or less on program.  We found a decent diner for breakfast, and I was able to start each day with a breakfast very similar to what I would have made for myself.  The second day was fine, too.  By the third day, my resolve melted and by the fourth it was shattered.  There isn't a very good reason for it, other than I was out of my comfort zone and I used food to cope.

Our grandson is adorable, I'm sure you've seen the pictures I posted on Facebook.  Brianna and her husband seem to be thriving in San Diego and Kyle's parents were gracious hosts.  The biggest issue was that we just didn't do a lot because Bri is still recovering, so mostly we stayed indoors and visited.  It was great to get to spend some time with Bri, Kyle, Killian, and Kyle's family, and I am super glad that we made it out there.  Now I need to lose the weight that I gained and get back on track.

The worst food day was our travel home day.  That is when I totally blew it.  We got to the airport a couple of hours early because we were told there would be a big back up returning the rental car.  There wasn't.  Then our flight was four hours late.  So we spent most of the day in the San Diego airport.  Yeah, I ate a ton of crap food while I was reading my book waiting for our plane.  That was a bad plan.

The late flight caused us to miss the ball game Monday night.  We also didn't have time to do any real grocery shopping until Tuesday.  I was able to eat pretty close to program on Tuesday, though the pickings were slim and I was light on protein.  Yesterday, my food was on program but I ate dinner late because I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and I didn't have time to eat dinner before leaving the office.  The doctor said my finger looks like it should, three weeks from injury, and I don't need to tape it anymore, making typing much easier.  I have to wear a compression bandage at night to reduce the swelling and I need to start exercising the finger to work on getting full range of motion back.  Other than that, I can start using it normally again, so that's good news.

I worked out Tuesday morning and this morning.  I skipped my run yesterday because I was up late Tuesday night getting our cooking done.  At this point the refrigerator is restocked, all the meals are cooked, and I am back on schedule.  I expect to see this weight drop pretty quickly.  I'm a little disappointed in myself, as Saturday is my 8 week measurement day, but such is life.  I have 4 weeks left in the challenge.  I'll get there!!

Have a good one, out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment