Tuesday, June 14, 2016

6/14/16: Stress - It'll Get You Every Time

Weight:  154.2

I said to Jackie, "I gained 2/10ths of a pound yesterday, but I don't know why," and he said one word, "Stress."

He's right.  I had a bad day yesterday.  I could barely get out the door.  The massacre in Orlando was devastating news.  The public discussion about rape, long overdue, is constantly on my mind.  The prospect of Donald Trump as our president is dismaying and scares the shit out of me.  Those three things piled on top of each other overwhelmed me yesterday and made it difficult for me to function. I didn't go off program and I ate on schedule, but stress has a negative impact on my body.  I am sure that Jack is right, that stress is contributing to this most recent plateau.

I feel better today.  I had some good conversations yesterday evening, a solid night's sleep last night, and a vigorous workout this morning.  I think today will be a better day.

Have a good one out there.  I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment