Monday, June 6, 2016

6/6/16: Sports Injury

Weight: 154.8

Jack and I got the runner out at in a very close play at home plate, but I jammed the middle finger of my right hand in the process.  I've been icing it and taking Tylenol for the swelling, but my right hand is pretty limited in its capacity at the moment.  I am lucky to still have use of my index finger on my right hand.  Between that finger and my thumb I can use my hand for essential things, but I am going to have to modify my workout tomorrow.

Oh well, such is the nature of sports,  Every now and then there is an injury.  I just can't let it derail me.  I tested the hand with a ten pound weight this morning.  I could cradle the weight in my hand for curls, chest presses and shoulder presses, but I can't grip the weight firmly as I would need to for a row or a hammer curl.  I'll let Lauren know today, so she can help me modify my workouts.  This is the time when  trainer earns their keep!

Typing is a little slow, so I'll keep this post short.

Have a great day!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment