Friday, August 12, 2016

8/12/16: Ugga Mugga

Weight:  151.8  (That's not the ugga mugga part, that's the Woo Hoo! part.)

The ugga mugga part is how much I did not want to work out this morning! As I was lying in bed listening to my alarm go off for the third time I seriously considered getting up and going straight to work after breakfast.  The stress level at work is high right now, which can cause me to forsake my healthy routines for too much work.  As my stress levels go up, my desire to do difficult workouts decreases. This morning I had to work hard to talk myself into working out.  The good news is I succeeded in talking myself into it and I had an excellent strength training session.  It was excellent in that I did it and that I pushed through some very difficult exercises and completed them all.  I feel much better now that it is over.  I am grateful that my habit is well enough established that even on this day when both sleep and work seemed preferable to exercising, I exercised anyway.  I will admit that the memory of my progress photos was quite an incentive as I was debating the various merits of an extra hour of sleep, an extra hour of work, or an hour of strength training.  Strength training won out!  I love being strong and I love looking strong and fit.  Yeah me!!  I got it done!!

Now, it's off to work.

Have a good one out there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment