Wednesday, August 17, 2016

8/17/16: Stress is a Trigger

Weight:  152.8

I am capable of handling a fair amount of stress in stride, but every now and then it pushes over the top and I find myself in situations where I don't necessarily make the best food choices.  That has been the case since I've been back from vacation.  Between work being over-the-top stressful and coming off a vacation where I was eating off-program food, my cravings have been terrible. Yesterday I did fine most of the day, but when I got home late in the evening I had a couple of glasses of wine, a little dark chocolate and some chips and salsa.  I know that sounds like a weird combination, but somehow it was strangely satisfying.  Predictably, the results showed up on the scale this morning.

Right now, it is 5:20 and instead of lifting weights I am putting up a quick blog post so that I can scoot out of here in a few minutes to go to work.  I left for work very early yesterday morning as well.  I am not worried about destroying my workout routine, as this is the last morning that I plan on doing this.  I have to have a project done by 2:30 today and I can work late this afternoon to get caught up on everything else. After that, I should be able to keep my work load manageable and I will get back into my healthy routines.

I have to get back on and stay on the straight and narrow with regard to my food program, so that I can get to and stay at 150.0 pounds.  It will probably take all of a week of being regimented.  I've proven that I can be regimented with regard to diet for months at a time, a week should not be a big deal.  I'm a stress eater.  That is a habit I need to get over.  Now.

Here's to having a good day, today!


No comments:

Post a Comment