Monday, August 22, 2016

8/22/2016: Perspective

Weight:  154.4 (Still)

It was an incredibly busy and exhausting weekend but my feet no longer stick to the kitchen floor, the toilets are clean, there is a week's worth of meals for three people in the refrigerator, I had a great workout with Lauren, I bought my first ever honest-to-god bikini bottoms that I am going to wear in San Diego at the end of September at our family reunion (if it is hot enough for the beach, that is), and I've got my head more-or-less screwed on straight.  That's not too bad for a couple of days' worth of work.

My diet over the weekend wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible.  I was more disciplined than I have been since leaving for vacation.  I feel solid about beginning a new week, with a refreshed perspective, and a solid program to rely on.  It's all good.

I did not get my long run in yesterday because I was cooking and cleaning from 6:00AM to 4:00PM and by the time I was done with that I was beat.  The new workout Lauren had me do on Saturday was taking its toll, too.  By yesterday evening I was wiped out.  I did a base run this morning (3.1 miles) and it felt pretty good.  As a reminder, my goal is to do two base runs (about 3 miles) and one run for distance (last week was 4.6 miles) each week.  The distance run will get a little longer each week, but I will walk as much of that run as necessary to be comfortable.  I can also walk during the base runs, if I feel like I need to.  The only problem with not running yesterday is that now, if I am going to get a distance run in this week, I need to do it before work, so I have to start a little earlier. It will be my goal to do that on Wednesday.  I will also do 3 strength training workouts a week.

It's Monday.  Who knows what it will bring?  I don't have a clue, but whatever it is, I'll do my best to handle it with grace and keep my perspective.

Have a great day!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment