Wednesday, August 24, 2016

8/24/2016: Stress, Sugar, Set Point, or all Three?

Weight:  155.0

Ugh.

Major Ugh!!

I have not had sugar or any other off program food since Sunday afternoon.  That is the good news.

I gained another half a pound, that is the bad news.  I feel it everywhere.

Article after article tells you that stress causes weight gain because the body generates more of the hormone cortisol when it is under stress.  Cortisol impacts the release of insulin and other hormones, which can result in weight gain.

I had three fairly lousy weeks of eating.  Perhaps this last little half-a-pound is the result of that, and the upward trend will end now that I am on Day 3 of only on-program foods.

Perhaps my body is fighting to get back to a higher set-point weight.

Maybe I'm gaining weight because of the increased rigor of my strength training workouts.

I need to calm down.  Stress is a killer.  I don't need to allow this level of stress into my life.  It's all going to work out.

I need to stay away from sugar.  Day 3 is always difficult, but after I get through this week, the sugary treats will stop calling my name.

I need to eat a little less.  I have noticed that when I cut out sugar, I tend to eat more for a few days.  I think it is a subconscious decision to keep myself from getting hungry and caving into the sweet stuff.

I need to drink more water.

I need to stay true to me and to my program.

I need to tell you all about my 6 week bikini body challenge.  I'll talk about that tomorrow.  I took start photos in my new bikini on Saturday.  Should I post them?

Today is a brand new day.  It's going to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment