Thursday, August 25, 2016

8/25/2016: I Can Work With This

Weight:  153.4

What a relief!  Finally some downward progress on the scale.  A week of vacation and two weeks of stress and crappy eating & drinking took its toll on my body and my psyche.  I'm glad to be getting centered again.

I have gone three days (plus a night) with no sugar.  Today is day four.  Yesterday was easier than I thought it would be.  I thought I would have another really rough day yesterday, but I didn't think about eating sweets at all yesterday so I never had to tell myself "no."  That is a huge relief.

The six week bikini body challenge is really a 5 1/2 week challenge.  I started the challenge on Saturday, August 20th. and we hit the beach on Thursday, September 29th.  My dad thinks I am becoming an exhibitionist.  No, it is not that at all.  This is what it is:  bikinis, believe it or not, are way more comfortable than 1 piece suits.  They are easier to get on and off, particularly when they are wet and you've got to pee.  Have you ever had on a wet one piece bathing suit and had to peel it off to use the bathroom and get it back on again?  It's a pain in the ass!  Also, you feel kind of like a stuffed sausage in a one piece.  I've always envied women that can wear a bikini.  I mean, I guess I could have worn a bikini before, but it would have looked terrible.  I guess I am a little too vain to truly let it all hang out there, when everything was truly hanging.  I still have my battle scars in the form of stretch marks; they are never going away.  But with the breast lift and tummy tuck, I actually fit into a bikini without having to lift everything up, strap everything down, and compress myself.  It is so liberating!  Could I, would I, walk on the beach tomorrow, in a bikini?  Well, yes; yes I would.  But would it be more fun if I can tighten up my abs, my butt, and my legs a little more? Most definitely.  And, oh yeah, don't forget this is going to be a family reunion.  That makes me a little extra self-conscious.

So the challenge is on!  How much progress can I make in the remaining 5 weeks before we leave for San Diego?  We are going to find out!!  Challenges help me stay focused, too.  It gives me something to work towards.

I had a great work out this morning.  The strength training is getting serious around here.  I did not run yesterday because of the weather.  I will get run #2 in tomorrow and run #3 in on Sunday.

Have a good one out there!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, you should feel less self-conscious with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theoretically, that sounds nice. In reality, not so much. Sometimes the judgments can be a bit harsh. I try not to let it get to me, but there are times when it's hard to brush off.

      Delete