Sunday, October 11, 2015

10/11/15: Stress Can Be Motivational, But Too Much Stress is Counterproductive

Days of abstinence: 18
Days until surgery: 66 (Closing in on me pretty fast!)
Weight:  165.0 pounds

By the time I left work at 9:00PM last night I was feeling pretty overwhelmed.  After a 12 hour Saturday, I was not done with what needed to be done by Monday morning, so I am going to be back at the office this afternoon after kickball.  Part of me wants to skip kickball and go in earlier, but I really enjoy playing and I think that is best to go.  I think I can get the couple of things I have to finish today done in a few hours. 

The stress is not helping any.  I stayed on program yesterday.  I packed all my meals and brought them to work.  I felt like I drank plenty of water.  But this morning, my hands are swollen and puffy.  I know that is due to the stress.  I hope that I am feeling so overwhelmed just because I am behind my own schedule on getting this one project done.  Knowing that I am behind on this one thing makes everything else look so daunting.  Maybe after I get this project finished and sent out everything will slide back into perspective.  I hope so!!

I am going to have to get my cooking done before kickball today.  It’s 7:00AM and it is time to roast a chicken and cook some pork chops.  Fun times!!


Have a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment