Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12/15: Pressed for Time

Days of abstinence: 19
Days until surgery: 65
Weight:  165.0 pounds

I am pressed for time, yet again, so don’t have time to put up a thoughtful blog post.  Yes, it is still work.  I hope it gets better soon.  I worked a lot of hours last week and will work a lot of hours again this week.  I’m working hard to make sure my part is done on a timely basis.  The timeline is incredibly aggressive, though.

I have been 100% On Program for 19 days and I feel very good.  The clean diet is helping me get through this stressful time at work.  I can only imagine the crap I would be eating if I wasn’t being hyper-vigilant about my food right now.  I am glad I made this decision 20 days ago.

Today, my decision to abstain from sugar for the rest of my life seems like it’s not a big deal at all.  It’s just a deal.  It’s interesting how quickly my perspective on this has changed from, “Oh, Shit, really?  No sugar again, ever?” to, “I’m kind of relieved that’s over and done with, let’s move on.”  We’ll see what tomorrow brings.  I am sure my feelings about this will ebb and flow over the months, years and decades to come. 

We had a great afternoon playing kickball yesterday!  Both of our games went into the 7th inning with a 2-2 tie.  We won the first game with a walk-off run and lost the 2nd game by one run in extra innings.  It was fun to play a couple of really competitive games.  Jack (he’s pretty competitive) got a little hot under the collar for a second when the team captain from the first game was really rude to him, but he calmed down quickly.  I’m starting to actually get good at this game.  I played second base for both games and made several good plays and catches.  I’m also getting stronger at the plate.  I think the big difference is the Black Fire workout videos I am doing.  The videos emphasis full body motion strength training combined with cardio and it seems like my reflexes and balance are getting better.  I like that!!  Kickball and bowling, two sports that I am getting adequate at.  I’m really enjoy playing both games.

OK, gotta run. 


Have a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment