Friday, October 9, 2015

10/9/15: One Hour Rain Delay and a Disappointing Loss

Days of abstinence: 16
Days until surgery: 68
Weight:  165.0 pounds

Shoot!  The Royals lost last night after a one hour rain delay.  We didn’t get home until midnight which is way past my bedtime.  Jack drove and I slept in the car so I got an extra hour of sleep, so that helped.  I didn’t eat or drink anything at the ballpark except water and wasn’t really tempted.  When you are in row WW it is a long way to the concession stands!

One of the things I need to figure out is how, if at all, my diet will change after surgery.  Until surgery, abstinence means abstaining from everything that is not part of the Whole 30 program.  That includes a lot more than just sugar and sugar substitutes.  That includes all grains, legumes, dairy, alcohol, and seed oils.  I feel like I’m forgetting something, but I don’t know what it is.  After 16 days On Program, I feel amazing.  I am sleeping well, waking up refreshed, and am having no food cravings.  It’s hard to imagine allowing a change in my diet that will make me feel worse, but I also know that the Whole 30 program is hard to maintain forever.  It’s something I need to think about over the next couple of months.

For now, I have to run.  I intentionally slept in today, until 5:20, since I didn’t get in bed till midnight, and it’s time to get to work.


Have a beautiful day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment