Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10/27/2015: Big Ball Game Tonight!

Days of abstinence: 34
Days until surgery: 50 (My countdown got off by a day somewhere.  There are really 50 days left)
Weight:  163.0 pounds

It’s a relief to see the scale moving in the right direction again.  I’ve been consistently more disciplined about not eating any fruit & nut snacks, eating dinner a little earlier, and eating more green veggies.  These were very small changes to my diet, but they seem to have made a difference between losing weight and not losing weight.  There are moments in the day that I want to eat, not a craving exactly, but I get a vague sense that I feel like eating even though I am not particularly hungry.  Usually it goes away when I get up from my desk for a few minutes, get a fresh glass of water, and decompress before getting back to my job.  If it doesn’t pass and it’s within an hour or so of my normal meal time, I go ahead and eat my lunch or dinner.  Yesterday, I ate dinner at around 4:00, for example.  That was fine.  I didn’t get hungry before bed.  I imagine my biorhythms are a little off from all the late night baseball and long days at the office.  I’m looking forward to post-postseason baseball season and getting this deal in the bag.  Funny that both are supposed to happen in the same week.

We are going to the first game of the World Series tonight!  I am so happy for Jack.  I have developed a real liking of the game of baseball and I am a Royals fan, but I am happiest for my husband.  Going to a Royals’ World Series game has been a dream of his since he was a boy.  It is awesome to see him so happy.  Now the Boys in Blue need to do one more thing for me, well, four more things.  They need to win four of the next seven ball games they play.  That’s all.  Just four more ball games.  Please.  Thank you very much!

Food could be an issue today.  We are leaving the house at 3:00, the game starts at 7:00 and who knows when it will end.  I am packing a dinner and taking it into the park with me.  I am usually OK with eating before we leave, but we are leaving so early, that really is not an option this time.  I am packing roasted chicken and veggies and an apple.  I’ll eat them cold around 6:00 and I should be fine.  Everyone else can eat a hotdog or chicken tenders and fries.  I’ll eat my roasted chicken.  So, even though food could be an issue today, it won’t be an issue.

I bought the Whole30 book the other day.  This is a different book than It Starts With Food, which is the book that introduced me to the Whole30.  If I had to choose between the Whole30 book and It Starts With Food, I’d choose It Starts With Food.  It contains a much more succinct explanation of why certain foods are eliminated from the program.  I bought the Whole30 primarily for the recipes and as a reinforcement.  There are many, many pages in the book that I will not read, but I found some of the chapters interesting/reinforcing.  A lot of the book part of the book is information I just don’t need now that I am 33 days into my 2nd Whole30.  I used the cookbook portion of the Whole30 this weekend, though.  I ate the first meal from it yesterday, Banger Sausage Patties with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.  It was really good.  In spite of being excessively busy right now, it was fun to try some new recipes.  Today I am trying to decide between the stuffed peppers and chicken cacciatore for lunch.  They both look really good.  It reminds me that this is not a program of deprivation, but a program of planning. 

OK, I have to run.  I have a project that needs to be done in a few hours and I am not sure where to start.  I hope I have an inspiration on my way to work!  I have to leave the office at 2:30 today, after all!

Have a beautiful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment