Friday, October 23, 2015

10/23/2015: It Happened Again! And My 30 Day Chip

Days of abstinence: 30
Days until surgery: 53
Weight:  164.2 pounds

I opened up my blog Word document (where I type all of my posts, before cutting and pasting them to the blog) and the first thing I saw was: “Only 54 Days Until Surgery!” in the title.  My response was, “Oh Shit, now it’s only 53 days!  It’s almost here!”  So yes, it’s getting real.  I like that this blog keeps me focused on the fact that the surgery really is right around the corner.  That constant reminder keeps me focused on my health, in spite of the ridiculous number of hours I am working and the strain that’s created by constantly being under the gun to perform.  Yes, I’m tired.  No, I’m not slowing down.  There is not that much longer to go.  We’ll get through this.

I am 30 days Sugar Free!!!!  Sugar free means no sugar and no sugar substitutes, natural (like honey or maple syrup) or artificial (like Splenda).  I still feel strong in my conviction to never eat sugar or sweet treats again.  I don’t want them.  I hope I never do want them, but if I ever do find myself wanting them I know I will have the conviction to say no to sweets.  I feel so much better than I did a month ago.  The rest of my food tastes so much better than it did a month ago.  I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost since 30 days ago because I didn’t post my weight until 8 days into my abstinence (I went back and checked).  That’s a good indication that my weight had crept back up a few pounds and I just didn’t want to talk about it.  Eight days in I was 166.2 pounds, so I have lost only 2 pounds in 22 days.  While I find that mildly frustrating, I am not disappointed or upset about that.  This has been a rough month.  I understand the role the stress plays in all of this and my stress levels have been too high for a couple of months now, due to work.  I am actually pleased that I have not gained weight in the last 30 days.  My typical pattern would have been to eat my way through this, rationalizing that I would “take care of it” when it was all over.  I am super glad that my program has been strong for the last 30 days. 

I did glance back at the few posts between September 19th (the day I started blogging again) and September 23rd, my first day of abstinence and in just those few days I can see the struggle I was having with food.  Every occasion that was out-of-the-ordinary seemed like good justification for going off Program.  I am so glad that I decided to stop eating Crap Food completely on the 23rd of September and that I have been able to stick with my plan.

As a quick reminder, my Program is the Whole30 Program.  This works for me.  I will stick with being 100% on the Whole30 Program (and no sugar or sugar substitutes is part of that plan) through my surgery date and until I have recovered.  After that, I may occasionally have foods and drinks that are not allowed on the Whole30 Program, but I will never eat sugar or sugar substitutes again.  The sweet stuff is banned from my diet, forever!


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment