Thursday, October 29, 2015

10/29/15: The Royals are off to New York With a 2-0 Lead in the Series!

Days of abstinence: 36
Days until surgery: 48 
Weight:  162.4 pounds

Wow!  What a season it has been!  We may or may not get to go to another Royals baseball game this year, depending on whether or not the Royals can win two games in New York.  Worst case scenario, they come back to Kansas City for game 6 and maybe game 7.  It be fun to get to go to another ball game, but this fan wants them to win in New York.  Go Royals!

For my last month of ball games, I’ve been packing my good and water so that I would not be tempted to eat or drink off plan.  In fact, one of the last off plan days I had was at the ball park.  Now that I am 36 days into abstinence, I don’t find myself wishing I could eat or drink off program when I’m at a game.  In fact, I feel just the opposite.  Yesterday, when we arrived, I felt a sense of relief that I would not be tempted by any of the food and drink.  We’re there to watch a ball game, after all, not eat dinner or get drunk.  It works just fine to pack food and water.  I sure feel better the next day for it.  And weigh less, too!

Speaking of weighing less, I am super pleased that I have started losing weight again.  I’ll be back in the 150s before I know it.  That will feel like a victory, even though at 159 I’ll still be 9 pounds from goal.  Being in the 150s just feels good.  I am glad that I am getting close.

Have a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment