Sunday, November 15, 2015

11/15/15: It’s Been Busy Around Here!

Days of abstinence: 53
Days until surgery: 29
Weight:  ??? pounds

Everyone except Aaron arrived on Wednesday and Aaron arrived on Thursday.  Since then it has been non-stop action!  With 8 grandchildren and 6 adult children (including our daughter and son-in-law) visiting we have had a house full!  We’ve kept busy and have had a great time, including going to the park yesterday and playing kickball for a while.

I’ve been busy in the kitchen making breakfast for almost everyone every morning and dinner for everyone every night.  We did have one BBQ night from Joe's Kansas City, which was a big hit!  Yesterday was a relatively easy cooking day since we ate leftovers for lunch and dinner.  I overestimated how much everyone would eat so there was something leftover from every  meal.  It’s hard to judge how much to cook for a crowd when you don’t do it very often.  Also, the kids are a little unpredictable.  They’ll sit down to one meal and eat as if there is no tomorrow and the next day they’ll eat very little.  It has all worked out great though.  We made it through a lot of the leftovers yesterday and I froze several servings so that Jack and I can eat them later.  This afternoon will be the last big meal that I cook for the crew.

I’ve done well with sticking to plan.  I have not had any sugar, in spite of the cookies and ice cream and European chocolates that have been around the house.  I’ve stuck to my Whole30 plan with the exception of eating a few potato skins yesterday.  The only thing on them that is not part of my Whole30 plan is cheese.  All in all, my food program is solid.

I have not weighed myself since Thursday, but that’s because I have been pulling myself out of bed as the kids wake up and heading straight to the kitchen to start making breakfast.  I usually weigh myself prior to my shower and breakfast, but I am not getting my shower in until after everyone, including myself, is fed.  I’ll start weighing myself again on Tuesday.  I think I am eating a little more than normal, just because so much of my day is centered around food right now.  It is a lot of work to keep 14 people fed (I don’t have to feed the two babies.  J ). 

I can’t believe it is only 29 days until my surgery date!!  Yikes!!  It is quickly approaching!

Have a beautiful day!    


No comments:

Post a Comment