Tuesday, November 24, 2015

11/24/15: Quick Visit

Days of abstinence: 62
Days until surgery: 20
Weight:  158.8 pounds

I flew to Michigan on Sunday to see my sister Ruth.  What should have been a quick flight with a layover in Chicago turned into an all day ordeal that ended up with me in Detroit 14 hours after I left the house and a bag still in Chicago.  It was not the smoothest of travel days.  I was prepared though, and had packed enough food to get me through the day.  So in spite of spending 12 hours in planes and airports, I did not eat off program at all.  The only slightly off program food that I ate was on Monday at the Detroit airport.  We didn’t have time to eat dinner before I got to the airport so I ate a grilled chicken breast with a sides of broccoli and green beans.  The chicken breast had a sauce made with whole butter and balsamic vinegar.  At home, I clarify my butter to remove milk solids.  I scraped off as much as the sauce as possible, but I still have a little bit of a cranky gut this morning.  My body really doesn’t like milk.


The best news of all is that I had a crazy, two day quick trip to Michigan, and I lost two-tenths of a pound.  In the past, a trip like this would have been a perfect excuse to eat sweet treats like muffins, cookies, and ice cream.  I didn’t even think about eating those things on this trip.  Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment