Friday, November 6, 2015

11/6/15: Mentally Preparing for Surgery

Days of abstinence: 44
Days until surgery: 40 (or so – still waiting for dates from Dr. Hodge’s office) 
Weight:  161.8 pounds (This pattern is so predictable – lose a couple pounds over a week or so, then stabilize around that weight for a week or so.  You’d think I’d be used to it by now, but I still get frustrated when I go four or five days without losing any weight.  *Sigh*  The good news is that this is the last time I’ll be doing this!  Now that I am sugar-free for life,  I am confident that I have found the answer to maintaining at or very close to my goal weight, forever.

A few months ago, when we thought that I was going to have the surgery in September, we bought a nice recliner for the family room.  I have read that a lot of women spend most of the first two weeks after a mommy makeover in their recliner.  Makes sense to me!  Last night I ordered some warm winter nightgowns from Soft Surroundings.  I love their clothes.  They are expensive, so I seldom order anything from them, but I decided that this was a special occasion.  I usually wear pajamas with pants in the wintertime, but after my surgery I won’t want anything around my waist, so the warm nightgowns make sense.  I ordered several, I hope I like them all but if I don’t I’ll return the ones I don’t like.  I love getting new pajamas.  It’s silly, I know, but they are just so comfy!!

I feel really comfortable with my decision to have Dr. Hodge do my surgery.  I know I have said this before, about the other surgeons, but this feels different.  I like him, as a person, and I trust him, as a surgeon.  I am moving forward with this decision.

It’s hard to believe that I am doing this in little over a month.  I’ll be out of commission for a couple of weeks and sailing at half-mast for quite a while after that.  I know it will be worth it.  I am looking forward to all of this extra skin being gone!!!  Forever!!!

I don’t think there is much to do except wait for my pre-op appointment, which will be two weeks prior to surgery.  At that appointment I will be given the prescriptions that I need to pick up and any last minute prep instructions.  I am thinking about it more and more, the closer it gets.  Yikes!!  This is a big deal!

There doesn’t seem to be much to write about anymore, with regard to food.  I just don’t think about it very much, which is awesome.  One of the changes that I have made in my weekly routine, since I have been so busy, is that I cook all of our meals first thing Sunday morning, rather than waiting until later in the day.  First thing Sunday morning is early for me, around 5:30 or 6:00AM.  If I start cooking as soon as I get up, I am done with all of my cooking for the week by 10:00 or 11:00, depending on how complex the meals are that week.  It’s amazing how much easier it is for me to do my cooking early in the morning.  I am a morning person, so that helps!  I am not tired or cranky, like I can get towards the end of the day, and cooking doesn’t feel like a chore.  If I wait until early afternoon on Sunday to cook, I can resent the fact that it takes such a chunk out of my day a little bit.  But if I get up and knock it out early Sunday morning, I have a big chunk of it done before Jack even wakes up.  I’m pretty sure this is the way to go.  We’ll see if I maintain that habit even when I am not burning the candle from both ends.

This weekend I will be doing a lot of cooking, preparing for the arrival of our family.  We have a great big cooler and it works pretty well to cook the bulk of the meals and store them in the cooler, so that I can reheat them at meal times.  That way I don’t have to spend a lot of time cooking when everyone is here, and I can spend more time visiting and playing.  We’re going to have a blast!!

I’m off to work.  There is a project I want to finish this morning before everyone starts showing up.

Have a beautiful day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment