Monday, November 9, 2015

11/9/15: Family Coming to Town This Week!

Days of abstinence: 47
Days until surgery: 35
Weight:  160.4 pounds

We spent the weekend cleaning, organizing, planning and cooking!  We will have 14 family members coming to town this week for what is turning into a family reunion!  We are so excited!  Hence, all the exclamation marks!!!

Six of the fourteen are adults (our kids and their spouses) and 8 are grandchildren, ages 12 to newborn.  We rented a house about 3 miles from here where all of the adults and their infants will be sleeping.  We’ll have the five oldest grandkids (ages almost 3 to 12) staying here with us.  It’ll be a blast.  Jackie and I really enjoy it when we get the opportunity to spend time with our grandchildren.  We’ve carved out little nuggets of time here and there over the years that are very special memories, I hope this becomes one of those!

I was so tired last night that I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30.  Mind you, I got up at 3:00am to get the pot roast out of the crock pot and just stayed up, so that has something to do with the 7:30pm bed time.  I still didn’t get everything done that I wanted to get done yesterday, but I got close.  Hey, I got to go shopping and get some new pans, so I’m happy.  I love buying new pans.  For some women, it’s shoes.  For me, it’s pans.  There is something about having the perfect pan for whatever it is that I am cooking that makes me happy.  I wonder if I had a pan deficiency when I was a kid. 

I got a slightly late start this morning because I did not want to get out of bed to exercise.  I had plenty of sleep, but my exercise habit hasn’t been much of a habit, lately.  Work has intruded way too far into my personal life and I need to wrestle the balance back into place.  Eventually, I did pull myself out of bed and I did do my workout, so it’s all ok.  I’m just going to be a few minutes later for work than I want to be.

With regard to food, all I have to say is, “It’s just sugar.”  I don’t miss it.  I don’t miss sweet treats at all.  I certainly don’t miss the constant struggle with deciding whether or not I should eat something.  I plan on baking cookies for the family tonight.  I’m a little anxious about that.  What I am most anxious about is I am planning on making some oatmeal cookies and substituting banana for the egg (there are some advantages to having been vegan for a while, I know decent egg substitutes).  We have one grandchild with an egg allergy.  The reason I am anxious about the oatmeal cookies is I know I will want to taste one to see if they turned out ok, but I can’t let myself do that.  Jack will have to be my taste tester.  Of course, the real taste tester will be James!!  I think it would be a HUGE mistake to ever put a cooking in my mouth again, so I am not going to do it.  Sorry, Jack, I guess you’ll have to make sure the cookies are good enough to share with family!

It’ll be an action packed week.  We have two more evenings to prepare and everyone starts arriving on Wednesday evening.

Have a beautiful day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment