Tuesday, November 10, 2015

11/10/15: My Scale is Such a Tease

Days of abstinence: 48
Days until surgery: 34
Weight:  160.0 pounds

After dropping from 162 to 160 overnight several days ago, my weight has fluttered around just above 160.  It’s not a big deal, I know one of these days I’ll see another drop in the scale to those coveted 150s as long as I am committed to my program, but it is a little annoying.  It feels like my scale is teasing me.  The really good news is plateaus on the scale no longer impact my commitment or resolve when it comes to my food plan.  My weight is still important to me and I still want to get to 150ish by my surgery date, but in reality my weight has much less impact on how I feel about myself than my diet does.  I feel 100% solid about my food program and I feel 100% solid about my commitment to never eat sugar again.  That’s what is important.  My weight is slowly but surely taking care of itself.  I’ll get there.  I know I will.  There are just a few things left in my closet that are still a little snug.  They will fit, soon.

I got through the cookie baking without eating a chocolate chip, licking a spoon, or eating a cookie.  I didn’t end up making oatmeal cookies with banana instead of eggs.  Our daughter-in-law said that our grandson with the egg allergy seems to be OK with eggs that are baked in cookies.  She suggested that if he does have a negative reaction to them, I can bake the oatmeal cookies with some of the older kids later in the week.  That seemed like a great plan!  It saved me some work last night, and I am running out of time.  Tonight we pick up the 15 passenger van that we rented (to make it easier to get the group around town) and tomorrow we check into the house at 2:00pm.  I have a little more prep work that I want to do in the kitchen, but we’re just about ready!  We can’t wait to see everyone.

Dr. Hodge’s nurse called me yesterday with the quote for the surgeon fees and Overland Park Surgery center.  It was more expensive than the quotes I have had from other doctors.  When I balked a little bit at the price, she said she would talk to the doctor and see if the fee could be reduced a little.  I feel weird asking a surgeon to lower his fee.  It doesn’t seem like I should bargain shop for plastic surgery.  But she made it seem like it wasn’t a big deal to ask, so we’ll see what she says, today.  Either way, I know that he is the one that I will schedule my procedure with.  Being comfortable with my surgeon is the most important thing.  I can’t believe that the surgery is barely over a month away!  Yikes!!


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment