Monday, November 16, 2015

11/16/15: No Cookies (or Cake or Brownies)!

Days of abstinence: 54
Days until surgery: 28
Weight:  159.8 pounds

I baked sea salt chocolate chip cookies before all of the kids arrived.  I did not eat any of them. Two of my grandchildren asked me if I would bake with them and I told them I would after dinner on Sunday.  So last night I baked cocoa buttermilk cupcakes with Sharlynne and I baked brownies with Taren.  I did not eat any of them, either.  I didn’t even lick the spoon!  It feels a little odd to bake something and not taste it before I serve it to others, but I was assured that both were delicious.  In fact, Sharlynne said the cupcakes were marvelous!  I see it as a real victory to get through these five days with a lot of visitors, cooking a lot every day, and even baking treats, and not eating any sugar at all!  Yeah!

I did go very slightly off of the Whole30 program and I am paying for it today in the form of stomach cramps and loose stools.  I ate two things off program in the last couple of days.  The first is cheese on the potato skins (I ate a couple on Saturday and a couple on Sunday) and the second is a little bit of flour in the gravy that I made for the mashed potatoes.  Oh, and there was whole butter and milk in the mashed potatoes.  I am not sure if the culprit causing the gut issues is wheat or dairy, but I am eliminating both today.   I guess considering the fact that I’ve been making pancakes, waffles, and baked goods, along with everything else for three meals a day for a large family, these minor deviations from the Whole30 aren’t bad.  It’ll feel good to be 100% on program again, though.

I can’t believe my surgery is only 28 days away.  Yikes!!  I might just freak out.

The kids will be up shortly and I need to make breakfast for them one last time before they hit the road, so I’m going to run.


Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment