Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/15: There will be a Victory Parade in Kansas City!

Days of abstinence: 40
Days until surgery: 44 
Weight:  161.2 pounds

The Kansas City Royals won the World Series!!  There is so much joy in our house.  Jack is ecstatic!  We started buying ticket packages, starting with 10 games and this season with 20 games (a quarter season), and attending games regularly 5 years ago.  Through attending games I have become a fan of the game and of the Boys in Blue.  I still don’t really enjoy watching the game on TV.  That’s partly because I don’t like watching TV and that is partly because the game is so different on TV than it is live.  So last night, after about the 4th inning, I went to bed.  I asked Jack to wake me up when they started winning.  I heard a massive yell right before midnight.  I didn’t know if we just won or we just lost, but something dramatic just happened, so I put on my robe and my glasses and walked out to the family room to see if I was going to be greeted with agony or ecstasy.  It was the former.  The Royals had just scored the go ahead run in the 12th inning.  I stayed up to watch the Royals score several more runs and a lot of celebrating and replays afterwards.  I finally went to bed again at about 1:30 in the morning.  I didn’t fall asleep until Jack crawled into bed at 2:00.  4:00AM came awfully early this morning, so I stayed in bed until 6:00.  Go Royals!!

All is well with my Program.  I’ve been sugar free for 40 days.  That feels like a huge accomplishment for me.  Even bigger is that I have no cravings and no desire to ever eat anything sweet again.  Someday I am sure someone will offer me something that will look very good at the moment, but even then I know I will abstain.  Sweets are gone from my life, forever.

I weighed 161.2 pounds this morning.  Hey there 150s, I am knocking on your door!!


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment