Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/10/2012

Morning weight:  168.0
This morning's exercise:  Strength training with new trainer
Yesterday's calories:  1565

Yesterday's post was about burnout and being frustrated with the numbers on the scale.  I appreciate the support I received, encouraging me to remember that the scale does not reflect all of the changes that are occurring within my body.  I know that, intellectually, but it is easy to let the scale rule my world, emotionally.

Also, I am accepting the fact that my body needs a two day rest and I am taking tomorrow and Friday off from exercise.  It seems counter intuitive to do that the same week that I have gained a little weight, but when I was talking to my new trainer today I reminded myself that my real goals are very long term.  Sure, I have short term goals or benchmarks.  I want to weigh 150lbs by the end of the year and I want to complete a triathlon this summer.  I will set other fitness goals for 2013 like being able to do a dozen push-ups and one pull-up and lowering my body fat %.  But my real goal, the real reason I am doing this, is because I want to be able to climb mountains and go on awesome hikes in my 80s and 90s.  I want to age well.  I want to be fit and athletic throughout my 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond.  I believe that I will have an awesome quality of life going into my chronological old age if I take the time and make the effort to get strong and healthy now.  This is a commitment for life.  I need to be reasonable and not do stupid things that will increase the risk of hurting myself.  I am taking a rest.

My weight trend is important to me and I will reach my goal of 150 pounds and I firmly believe I will reach it by year end.  But daily fluctuations in my weight cannot rule my world and I will do everything I can not to let weight fluctuations discourage me and affect my mood.  I am thrilled with the progress I have made and continue to make.  I sincerely appreciate all of your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment