Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/2012: Feeling Good Again

Morning weight:  166.4
Saturday's exercise:  20 mile bike ride
Sunday's exercise:  6.4 mile run
This morning's exercise:  Strength training (same routine as last Wednesday)
Saturday's calories:  1520
Sunday's calories:  1590

After a pretty relaxing weekend I am feeling normal again.  The blahs seem to have passed and I don't feel nearly as stressed out as I did last week.  I plan to get back to my 15 - 30 minutes of evening exercise this week, in addition to my morning exercise, though Drew, Carla's boyfriend, is here for one more evening.  Perhaps today's evening exercise will be a walk, but tomorrow I want to get to the pool.  It has been over a week since I've gone swimming.  It feels good to feel good again!

It also feels good to see the scale moving in the right direction again.  It seems like it spent about a week hovering around 168 after it dipped into the 166s last weekend.  After initially feeling like I had suffered a set-back I was able to just acknowledge what the scale said and keep doing what I've been doing and what's been working for the last 33 weeks.  I knew sooner or later the scale would reflect the work I'm still doing.  I guess I am a little anxious to reach another milestone...when I get to 164 I will have lost 60 pounds.  Wow!!  On the other hand, it doesn't seem to work to focus on one particular goal.  Somehow or the other it's like a watched pot that doesn't boil.  When I am super focused on reaching a particular weight on a particular day it always seems as if I just miss it.  So while I am looking forward to getting to 164 to reach that 60lb milestone and then getting to 159.8 and being in the 150s, I am going to do my best not to feel a sense of urgency to get there.  I just need to keep exercising and eating right and when I get there, I'll get there. 

We've enjoyed meeting Drew and have a had nice visit, though Carla has kept him busy visiting her friends in Lawrence and Olathe.  We got to visit with him for about an hour on Saturday evening before they headed to Lawrence for the night.  They got home on Sunday morning shortly before we had to head out to Eggct to have breakfast with Carla's dad's family.  After breakfast Jack and I took Drew and Carla bowling, which was a lot of fun even if Drew did beat me the second and third games after tying the first game.  It's been good to get an opportunity to get to know Drew a little bit, though we are looking forward to spending more time with him in the future and getting to know him better.  Here's a photo of the young couple.  Aren't they adorable?  There is no doubt that they appear to be very happy and comfortable together.  I'm happy for both of them!

Carla and Drew, October 14, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Tell Drew -- too bad we didn't get to visit! (Remember the motherhouse...)

    ReplyDelete