Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/2012: Happy Halloween!!

Morning Weight:  162.8
Morning Exercise:  Strength training
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  2 Mile walk with Carla
Yesterday's Calories:  1560
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Once again starting my blog entry for the day reminded me to take my vitamins this morning.  Another plus for blogging!!

I am getting very excited about getting close to my goal weight.  It is hard not to think about it and talk about it a lot, now that I feel like reaching my goal weight of 150 pounds is something that is attainable in the relatively near future.  Each time I step on the scale and weigh just a little less I exclaim, "I only have 12.8 pounds to go!" or something like that.  It feels surreal.  Sometimes I can't believe I am actually achieving what I set out to achieve 8 months ago.  Yesterday I crossed my arms across my rib cage when I was talking to someone and I was startled by how small I was.  Every now and then I put my hands on my hips and I am surprised by how small my waist is.  I'm not little, by any means, but I am so much smaller than I was.  I am still adjusting to my new size.  12.8 pounds isn't much.  I won't get a lot smaller.  I sure wish I could pick and choose exactly where that weight was going to come from, like those damn saddle bags on each thigh.  *Sigh*  Oh well.  I guess it is going to come from where ever it's going to come from.  I am hoping over the next year those little pocket of stubborn fat melt away and the rest of my body gets more toned as I continue to work out hard and improve my overall level of physical fitness.  It's about my health, after all. 

It's been crazy busy at work and will continue to be that way for the months to come.  I don't see anything resembling a reasonable but steady pace until we get well into the new year.  I did interview someone that I think can help us a lot, so I am hoping that works out.  Either way, it will be a stressful, busy time of year.  I feel somewhat guilty that Jack and I have decided not to travel to my brother's house in Sonoma for Thanksgiving this year.  After traveling to the West Coast for three weddings since May, we decided to stay put for the holidays to save some money and to slow the pace down a little bit.  I think it was the right decision to make, but Steve is really disappointed that we are not doing the family Thanksgiving this year.  He was looking forward to that opportunity to spend time with family.  Sorry Steve!!!  I feel a little selfish about deciding not to go.  Sometimes there is just too much going on and you can't do it all.  As busy as work is and as stressed as I feel I know that making the holidays low key this year is the right thing to do, but that decision does come with its own share of guilt.

It is Halloween, so I need to sign off and get dressed up in my costume.  That Raggedy Anne costume that I made for red dress day on the AIDs ride sure comes in handy!!

Have a Boo-tiful day!!

2 comments: