Thursday, October 25, 2012

10/26/12: 60 Pounds!!

Morning Weight:  164.0
Morning Exercise:  None - Day Off
Yesterday Evening's exercise:  Bowling
Yesterday's Calories:  1726
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine


Here's the chart after recording this morning's weight of 164.0 pounds.  I have lost 60.0 pounds since February 27th!  Woo Hoo!!!  It's so exciting!!  The red line has plenty of peaks and plateaus, but you can't ignore the trend.  This tool has been incredibly motivational since day one of starting my program and it continues to be one of the most useful tools in my tool box.  If you are struggling with your own weight loss program and don't have a chart, I recommend making one.  They are hard to ignore!!

I've eaten a few more calories than my 1600 calorie allotment the last couple of days for no particularly good reason.  I will be more disciplined today and for the weeks to come.  Sometimes I let the work related stress cause me to reach for food to take the edge off.  I can't afford to do that!!

It's going to get cold today after some unseaonally warm weather.  I've been lucky with the warm weekends we've been having that were perfect for bike riding and running.  In preparation for the colder weather Jack and I went shopping for warm running clothes and I am committed to working out outdoors on the weekends unless it is raining/snowing or very cold.  The outdoor runs and bike rides are a welcome change from the workouts at the gym.  I will not let the cold weather throw off of my exercise routines.  I'll feel good when February 27th rolls around again and I have maintained my 6 day-a-week exercise program for a full year.  Then I will have proven to myself that I can do this no matter what.  Weather?  Vacation?  Changing jobs?  House guests?  Holidays?  Celebrations?  No Problem!!!  I now routinely prioritize exercise and will continue to do that for the rest of my life.

2 comments: