Sunday, October 21, 2012

10/21/12: Finally, a Movement!

No, not that kind of a movement, but they're nice, too!  Finally, a movement on the scale.

Yesterday morning's weight:  166.6
This morning's weight:  165.6!!  Yeah, I finally broke through 166.0.  It's been more than two weeks since I first dipped into the 166s, then went back up to 168.0, and then ended up stuck on 167.0 for what seemed like month and was really more like a week.  When you are trying to lose weight seeing the exact same number on the scale morning after morning after morning can get very frustrating.  It was a pleasant surprise to see 165.6 this morning.

I made a commitment to focus on drinking more water starting Friday.  I successfully drained my 16oz water glass by 10:00, 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00 on Friday (I kept a chart) and was more conscientious about drinking water yesterday, too.  I don't know for sure, but it is possible that the water is what made the difference.

Friday's calories:  1574
Saturday's calories: 1492

Friday's exercise:  Strength training - no evening exercise.  We went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes and then went to the movies and saw Argo.
Saturday's exercise:  6.4 mile run - mid afternoon.  Took about 80 minutes.

I am getting ready to go on a bike ride with Carla.  She has planned the route so I don't know how far we are going, but it is supposed to be a beautiful day so I am looking forward to it.  I think Jack and I will go for a hike this afternoon.  We have to take advantage of the gorgeous fall weather while it's here.


No comments:

Post a Comment