Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/2012: It's a Brand New Week

Morning Weight:  165.2
This Morning's Exercise:  Strength Training Circuit - See last Wednesday
Yesterday Evening's (Afternoon's) Exercise:  About an hour long walk with Jack in Baldwin City, Kansas
Yesterday's Calories:  1715 - I went a bit over my 1500-1600 goal, but that was due to my snack at mile 20 of our bike ride yesterday.  I'm OK with eating an extra hundred calories on days that I ride my bike for 3 hours.
Vitamins Today:  1-a-Day, D, B-complex, Calcium

It's nice to see the scale moving downward again.  I have no idea what is going to happen next, though.  Will I resume my old trend of losing a little every day, averaging about 1.8 pounds per week, or am I going to stair-step my way to goal?  I'm curious to see how the stress of the week impacts my weight.  There is so much to do!!  The end of the year is way too close for comfort.  I have done better since I have been focusing on drinking plenty of water, so that will continue to be one of my focuses this week.  My goal will be to drain my glass by 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 and 4:00. 

I re-sign for 10 more sessions with my trainer on Wednesday and I am seriously considering making this the last 10 sessions that I sign up for.  I see Jeremy (Wallen, not Walters) once a week so those ten sessions will get me through the end of the year and to my goal weight of 150 pounds.  I had previously decided to keep working with my trainer after reaching my goal weight because there was something very motivating about working with Jeremy Walters.  Perhaps it's because we started this journey together, but he seemed to really care about my progress and I was very motivated to be able to report good results to him.  Unfortunately, my new trainer, Jeremy Wallen, does not seem to have the same level of interest in my personal goals and weekly achievements so I don't get pumped up about sharing my progress (or lack thereof) with him.  I realize I may just need to give it time so I am signing up for ten more weeks, but if I'm not feeling it by the end of the year, I may be done with paying for a personal trainer.  I have all of my old workouts written down so I am going to spend some time over the next couple of weeks typing them up and sorting through them.  I feel confident that I can put together a very good variety of workouts from what I have learned over the last seven months, and save a few hundred dollars a month to boot.  No decisions have been made yet.  We'll see how the next ten weeks go.

For now, it's off to a work and a very, very busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment