Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10/30/2012: Clothes...

Morning Weight:  163.0
Morning Exercise:  None - Day Off.  My normal day off is Thursday, but I decided to switch Thursday for Tuesday this week.  First, I want to be to work by 7:00 this morning...too much to do.  Second, we bowled last night instead of Wednesday night, so getting up early on Thursday won't be a problem.
Yesterday Evening's Exercise:  Bowling
Yesterday's Calories:  1533
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

Including my vitamins as part of my daily blog stats helps a lot!  I actually remember to take them.  Whether or not they actually make a difference I guess I'll never really know.  At the very least I do believe the B Vitamins improve my mood. 
Thirteen pounds left to go!  I can do this!!  However long it takes, I'll get there.  It's hard to believe that I am this close to goal. 

One of the biggest problems I'm having right now is clothes.  As in I don't have very many.  I've taken all of the too big stuff out of my closet and given it to Goodwill or put it in a pile to be donated to Goodwill.  I kept baggy sweat shirts and that sort of thing for bumming around the house in, but when it comes to clothes that I would actually wear out of the house or to work, there is nothing left from the clothes I used to own except one skirt, two pairs of slacks, two t-shirts, and one blouse.  The slacks are getting a little baggy, but I can probably wear them a little longer.  I do still have some of my sweaters, but they are getting too big, too.

Jack and I have gone shopping a couple of times, but I haven't bought much.  In fact, the clothes that I bought a couple of months ago are already too big.  So the things that I have the really fit well are one pair of jeans, a pair of black pants that seems to shrink perfectly every time Jack washes them, and a few cardigans and camisoles.  That will get me by for a while, but getting dressed in the morning certainly lacks creativity.  Should I wear what I wore last Thursday or what I wore last Friday?  I'm not complaining, really, it's just that every time Jack and I go near a clothing store I want to go in and buy something.  The problem is that 13 pounds will be another size and whatever I buy today won't fit me for that long.  I can't afford to buy a bunch of clothes just to get through the next month or two.  I am already giving away clothes I bought 2 months ago because I just don't want to wear clothes that are too big for me.  So, I need to be patient.  I will probably continue to pick up a piece here and a piece there but I am trying to buy things that will still look OK when they are a little big.  That works OK for tops.  Pants are a different story.  For the most part we are buying inexpensive clothes, not designed to last so much as to just get me by.  I'm looking forward to reaching my goal weight so we can do some serious shopping!

Talking about serious shopping, we did some serious shoe shopping this weekend!  We stopped at the Walking Store while we were at Oak Park Mall and I got four new pairs of Danskos.  I have needed winter shoes for a couple of years and have always looked too late in the season and I haven't been able to find anything that fits that I like.  I have a very wide foot which makes it difficult to find shoes.  I felt like we hit the jackpot on Sunday when the salesman brought out about 8 different shoes that fit.  I got a pair of black and brown in their new professional series, a dressier black pair with a heal, and a great pair of boots.  I am so excited to have decent looking winter shoes.  The three pairs of Danskos that I've been wearing are 10 years old and they look rough!  I am bound and determined to take good care of these shoes so that they will last and look good for years.  I sprayed them all with water repellent as soon as we got home from the store and we bought beeswax to treat them with every few weeks.  I hope it helps.  I can't help but wonder if my feet aren't just a little bit smaller and that is what helped me be able to fit comfortably into these shoes.  I swear the last time I tried on a pair of size 41 Danskos they were too snug.  If so, that is enough incentive right there to never gain this weight back.  If it makes it easier to buy shoes, it's worth it!!

Back to clothes...yes, clothes are on my mind...I find myself wondering what kind of clothes I am going to buy.  When I was very heavy and wearing 1X and 2X sizes, I was limited to my choices.  There just wasn't that much out there that looked good in the sizes that I had to wear.  Now I comfortably wear a 10 pants and medium tops.  Soon I'll be wearing an 8.  I can shop just about anywhere.  I can wear whatever I want.  There is so much out there!!!!  At first I'll need to keep it pretty basic as I build up a versatile wardrobe that can be mixed and matched, but I'll need to develop a whole new style.  What will it be, I wonder?  How will I ever decide what I want to buy when there is so much to choose from?  A whole new world of problems awaits, but this is a problem that will be fun to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment